Duties and Responsibilities will include
- Recruitment , Training and induction of radio volunteers and Supporting radio volunteers and staff in making programmes and outside broadcasts.
- Creating new funding streams to ensure CRY104fm’s sustainability
- Support community services where possible i.e., Outreach, OB’s and Introducing members of these Community Groups to the station and enabling marginalized sections of the community greater access to the airwaves.
- Develop contacts within the community while raising the station profile and ensuring greater involvement and participation from all sections of the Community in the ownership and running of the radio station.
- Drafting Press Releases and other promotional adverts and news worthy items for submission to the local press and media
Applicants should be capable of working on his/her own initiative and as part of a team. Be capable of working to established deadlines. Have excellent interpersonal, organisation and communication skills. Experience of working within a radio station is desirable but not essential.
Please send you application cover letter with CV to email@example.com or post to Community Radio Youghal , Nagle House, South Abbey, Youghal. Closing date is Feb 29th 2016
Please Note; Applicants must currently fall into one of the following categories: Unemployed persons in receipt of jobseekers’ benefit, jobseekers’ assistance or one parent family payment, Persons in receipt of disability allowance (or other disability benefit), invalidity pension or blind persons pension, Travellers in receipt of jobseekers’ benefit or jobseekers’ assistance or one parent family benefit, Stabilised and recovering drug misusers, People employed from Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible,