The CRY Person Of The Year Award
The annual CRY104FM Person of the Year Award takes place at the Walter Raleigh Hotel, Youghal on Friday 3rd February 2017. The twelve winners of Person of the Month award (sponsored by the Walter Raleigh, Clancy’s, Youghal Chamber/Tourist Office, Absolute Flowers) for 2016 are in the reckoning to claim the title of Person of the Year -and the Judges need your help to decide! Simply vote for the person you feel should be named as the CRY104fm Person of the Year. Thank you for all your support and the very best of luck to the twelve marvellous contenders!
NB: Only one vote per IP address is allowed. If you are unable to vote in your office this could be because someone has already voted. In this case, please vote from your home computer.
- Peter Coady – recognised for his superb coaching efforts with multiple local clubs, led Dungourney to Munster Junior title at the end of 2015.
- Frank Keane – historian, community activist and volunteer. Even after retirement, he still plays a huge role in making Youghal a better place.
- Sinead Goggin – Member of YSEDG, plays a pivotal role in the running of Yew Wood Venues/Mall Arts Centre, getting big acts to town and developing the arts scene in the area. Known for going above and beyond in her job.
- Tony Quirke – has given years of voluntary service to the Chernobyl Orphans Fund, a regular visitor to Chernobyl, delivers crucial aid to the children in need.
- Michael Hussey – co founder of Youghal Online, plays a key part in preserving and promoting Youghal’s heritage and history.
- Sr. Carmel Ryan – a nun who has gone above and beyond the call of duty, she has helped so many people over the years, doing wonderful charity work and helping those in need.
- Rickie Deveraux – Youghal AC member, gives up her time to train people of the locality, has helped people to change their lives through running.
- Eric McCarthy & Stuart Hickey – Youghal Karate Club members who competed and won medals at the World Karate Championships in 2016. Dedicated to promoting fitness in the town.
- Cliff Winser – Town Crier, A fantastic ambassador for the town of Youghal who plays a big role in promoting Youghal’s history and Heritage.
- Ken Brookes – A huge supporter of all things local, regularly contributing to festivals, groups and organisations in the area.
- Jim Nicholson – recognised for a life time of voluntary activity with several community groups but most especially his dedication to the parishes of Knockanore ,Glendine and Kilwatermoy.
- Jerry McCarthy – picked up the final POTM award for 2016, played a key role in the Credit Union in Youghal in the early years which allowed it to blossom, also a major voluntary figure at RESPOND.
NB: The application will allow you to vote indefinitely but only your first vote will be counted.
TRUST ME, I’VE TRIED!